2018 Randall County Republican Platform
Report of the Permanent Committee on Platform and Resolutions as Amended and Adopted by the 2018 County Convention of the Randall County Republican Party
1. 2018 RPT State Platform Committee should start with the 2016 RPT Platform and amend as necessary. (Click here to read the 2016 RPT Platform.)
PRESERVING AMERICAN FREEDOM
LIMITING THE EXPANSE OF GOVERNMENT POWER
2. Keep plank 35, the Article V Amending Convention of States to limit federal power and establish federal term limits, in the RPT platform. Oppose any legislation that will rescind or modify SJR2, the legislation produced by plank 35.
REFORMING THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM
3. Abolish the Driver’s Responsibility Program.
4. Reject bail “reform” policy changes to our state and county criminal justice system and support local officials as they fight liberal lawsuits regarding early release from jail. Keep our current system of privatized bail / bond system and do not replace it with a government entity.
5. Abolish civil asset forfeiture. Private property should only be forfeited upon criminal conviction.
STRENGTHENING FAMILIES, PROTECTING LIFE AND PROMOTING HEALTH
CELEBRATING TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE
6. No person openly affirming the practice of cross-dressing, sodomy, bisexualism, or transgenderism should be permitted to hold leadership positions in the RPT.
EDUCATING OUR CHILDREN
PROMOTING INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM AND SAFETY
7. Pass legislation to provide financing to ensure our schools are safe and secure.
8. Establish a statewide provision allowing qualified teachers the right to carry arms while in school for student protection.
9. Champion and support the rights of law-abiding Texans to own, enjoy and use firearms as guaranteed by the constitutions of the State of Texas and the United States of America; and protect and defend the inalienable rights of the individual Texan to acquire, possess, transport, carry, transfer ownership and enjoy the right to lawful use of firearms for self-preservation, for defense of the Republic and the individual liberties of the people.
STRENGTHENING THE ECONOMY
10. Require Congress to replace money taken from the Social Security Trust Fund.
11. Repeal Standard Presumptive Value method for determining non-dealer used auto sales tax. It should be based solely on the purchase price of the vehicle.